COUGARS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
There are various team needs for running a Gaelic football club. Because each club is independent and receives little or no financial assistance from the GAA, the Culver City Cougars GFC is responsible for providing our own playing field, equipment and uniforms, as well as incurring traveling expenses. However, due to the somewhat less complicated nature of Gaelic football in procuring its field and equipment, the Culver City Cougars GFC is at an advantage because its cost of equipment outlays is comparatively lower than for other sports.
1. The Cougars is first and foremost a community organization, whose main aim is to create an inclusive community of people centered around the sports club.
2. We should have a positive impact on the community in our city through a commitment to work with local charities every year through volunteering or fundraising.
3. The guiding philosophy of the Cougars is to create an American run Gaelic football club whose membership is majority American.
4. The leadership of the club should reflect the diversity of the playing membership
5. Everyone is welcome to join the Cougars, no matter their background or beliefs.
6. Gaelic football is the sport around which the team and community are built. Members are encouraged to play and watch other sports but the Cougars will not administer for other sports as part of it’s organization.
7. Being a Cougar means representing the club positively both at our on and off field events. Cougars agree to represent the club to the highest standards through attitude, behavior and sportspersonship
8. Should the guiding principles be changed or the operation of the club go against the guiding principles the club should be disbanded and another club set up in a different name.